Recent Posts

September 15, 2011

Chapter 1.5: New Friends & Back to Work

In the last chapter, Anthony and Adeline grew up into children and moved out of the nursery. They attended their first day of school. 

 

"Another long, exhausting day at work, Anthony. You'll understand in a few years, my boy... Wait a minute. You're not my son. Who ARE you?"

"I'm Caleb Summers, sir. Adeline invited me over today." the boy introduced.


"And it's so much fun! You should join us in our ballet production."

"Hmm...I'll think about it, Caleb."


"Sweet Anthony, I mean Brandon. Hi, Brandon. Brandon, Bridget. Brandon, Bridget. NOT Anthony, NOT Adeline." Lucie muttered to herself. "Oh, I'm going crazy from this. Where's Marilyn?"


"Well, hello. Who's this?" Lucie said as she took Bridget out for a walk to the living room.

Don't freak out, Mom. Don't freak out. "Mom, this is Caleb. I met him at school today."

Lucie took a deep breath."Okay, honey. Give me a moment."


"Hey, Caleb. My mom might think your outfit is a little...too much for her eyes. So she might try to give you a makeover. Don't be offended, okay?" Adeline whispered to her new friend.


"Okay, I'm back!!!" Lucie made her second grand entrance of the day. "Does your mother open her eyes when she dressed you for school today? I'm going to transform you to the heartthr-- to the kind boy your mother would appreciate." She smiled.


"Well! This is perfect!" Lucie exclaimed after she was done with her makeover.

"Mom...that's a little..." Adeline hesitated.

"It's perfectly fine for the boys who want to come visit our daughters. We just want to stay a bit more conservative, don't we, Caleb?"

"Mrs. Wintergreen, I can't really...breathe..."

"Mom! Change it!" Adeline cried.


"Oh, alright. This is better anyway, I guess. Just never take that sweater off, Caleb. We don't want to see any more than we have to, alright, honey?"

"I'm only a kid but yes, ma'am."


Lucie was so happy with her new creation.

"Would you like to sleepover tonight?" asked Adeline.

"Sure!"


"AUGHHH! Bridget, you give me no peace and quiet!" the young Wintergreen bellowed.

"Anthony Wintergreen, we have a guest! Please be on good behavior." Lucie ordered as she took care of Bridget.


"Who are you?!" Anthony screeched after his mother left.

"I'm Caleb. You're Adeline's twin brother! Wow, what's it like to be the brother of someone so popular?"


Anthony sneered. "Stay away from my sister. And my family."


So poor Caleb spent the rest of the night (into morning) in the guest bathroom of the Wintergreen household. Good thing he had a toy to keep him company.


"Darling, I'm off to the suffocating Doo Peas Towers for my new mid-level position." David announced.

"Have a good day at work, hon." Lucie was too busy taking care of the garden that predated her four children.


This house is a dump. Party animals, thought Robin the maid.


"That's a nice place," Lucie murmured to herself, "That's where they'll do the scouting?" Lucie signed the twins up for afterschool activities.

And who slept in that bed yesterday. It's a mess.


It's back to work for Lucie! Why can't we afford a car. It doesn't make a good impression when I bike to my makeovers!


Her phone rang. "Yes?...Oh, I'm sorry to hear that...Okay, we'll meet another day." Something had come up and her client left her in the middle of an unknown neighborhood.

This is an interesting place to live. Every house looks the same, even the garden! Wonder what made them choose to live here.


Wait, isn't that...wasn't that my client in the limo that just passed me? Did he see me? How embarrassing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment