Recent Posts

September 14, 2011

Chapter 1.4: The Adventures of Adeline & Anthony

In the last chapter, Lucie went into labor while David was getting electrocuted at home. Lucie gave birth to another set of twins, Brandon and Bridget.


"Come on, my little Ant. It's time to grow up. Your baby sister and brother need the cribs."


"Dada?" Poor Adeline and Anthony never learned to speak during their toddler years.

"Yes, Adeline, that cake's for you. Once you can eat it."


Newly grumpy Anthony was none too happy with with his cake. He grew up to inherit his father's Asian features.


Friendly little Adeline had her mother's facial structure but her father's Asian features.


"For your birthday, your father and I have decided to give you your own room!" Lucie surprised the first set of twins.

"But Mom, we've always had our own room..." quipped Adeline.

"Mother, really? In your drawing room?" Anthony turned his nose up in disgust.

Lucie took a deep sigh and explained, "Children, be patient. Having more twins means we have to save. And ta-da! We even hung up a cartoon picture to make it like a children's room!"

"Our other room was bigger." Anthony hissed.

"Mom, I like it! Thanks!" Adeline smiled.


"Augh!!!"


"Aunt Marilyn, could you please quiet down my little sister? I could hear her wailing cries from my bedroom all the way down the hall!"

"Sorry, my precocious nephew. I will try my best despite the fact that I rarely see my own children anymore."


Even with four children, Lucie tried to find the time to sketch. Now that her maternity leave started again, she wasn't allowed to go back to work for a while, meaning money was tighter than ever.


"This is like taking care of Anthony and Adeline all over again. Except it's Brandon and Brittany." David sighed.


"Sister, with our geniuses, you mustn't be fooling around with childish literature. Tsk, if you call that garbage literature."

"Brother, Adventures of Ramundo happens to be a very intellectual book. But seriously, go away. Why are you so annoying!" Adeline snapped.

"Sister, I just wanted to inquire if you would like to play Royal Family with me while I preside over the royal court."


"All hail me!" shouted the two simultaneously.


"Excuse me, I preside over the royal court because I presented you with this fantastic game." Anthony sternly said.


Adeline sighed. Why was she the one sleeping on top? Don't boys like to jump around and stuff? All because her brother didn't want to exert unnecessary energy by climbing the ladder.


"Mom, were the twins up all night? What are you doing?"

Lucie whispered to her older daughter, "Calling Marilyn. I really need to sleep..."


"School bus has arrived! I challenge to race you!" Anthony shouted as he dashed past her.

"...huh? I didn't even accept your challenge! Argh. Wait up!" Adeline raced after him.


"How exciting! First day of school!" Adline squealed.

Meanwhile, Anthony squirmed back into his seat. "Adeline, perhaps I shouldn't go today. My stomach is feeling funny."

"Oh, you're fine. You're just nervous, but once you see all our new classmates, you'll be back to all your weird ways!"


"Adeline, I don't think I have the courage..."


"Anthony Wintergreen, get up here or I'm calling Mom to tell her you want to ditch school."

"Okay..."


"Hey, I'm Calgary. First day?" Calgary introduced himself.

"Yup, it's really exciting. Any good tips?" Adeline asked.

"Yeah. Just talk to friends. You won't get in trouble."

"Thanks."


"So you've been making acquaintances with high school students. Do you think you're cool now?"


"You better believe it, bro. Now let's go to school."

0 comments:

Post a Comment